Kaiping Cycling Trip
Time & Location
About The Event
Full Itinerary and Details :
This trip will cover approximately 100 km of cycling in 4 days and will also include two hygiene/sanitation volunteer projects at local schools and elderly centres along the way.
- History: Explore China’s history and the magic of the unique Daolou buildings
- Nature: Escape away from the big city hassle to enjoy beautiful country scenes
- Impact: Pitch in to deliver much-needed soap and hygiene education to local schools
For Soap Cycling, the trip has 4 main purposes:
- Fundraising: Anyone who can pay the cost for the trip can go, but we also ask parents and kids to raise a bit extra to help kickstart Soap Cycling’s China operations;
- Close the Loop: We want to provide an end-use experience for our reprocessed soap-let volunteers and students see up close the difference it can make;
- Education: As we are a student-run organization, this trip will be mostly organized and run by our student interns;
- Fun: Cycling is an awesome way to explore a new place!
Route overview :
- The riding will be both fun and visually breathtaking as you and your family enjoy varied scenes of Chinese life.
- Cycling is a fun and enjoyable way to make new friends and explore a new place without the barriers of a tour group.
- This trip is suitable for kids who are confident riders. The topography itself isn’t too challenging — most rides will go along rivers.
- Kaiping is a popular cycling destination in Southern China, with lots of cycling infrastructure and awareness of drivers toward cyclists.